Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Orientatinating

So, I'm home from orientation at CU Boulder. And I even learned a few things.

THINGS THAT I LEARNED
Oh, wow, that's an intimidating title. Let's try again.

LIFE LESSONS FROM ORIENTATION
Well, that'll do.

1. Rape is bad! :D
2. Pool is really really hard! D:
3. College campuses are hard to navigate at night! :D: (wait no, that's not a valid face)
4. Registration for classes is stressful! DDD: (Extra mouths for emphasis!)

Yeah, that's about it. When I wasn't being taught that rape is bad, I was sitting around a lot. Well, to be fair, it was periods of sitting around, separated by periods of walking around. Sort of like high school, except I am proud to say that I actually learned things in high school.

I did meet people, though. Can't be a complete cynic. I miraculously overcame my usual solitarityfulness (That word is completely made up) and talked to people. And it went well! Hooray.

As far as registration goes, I'm satisfied but not ecstatic about the whole thing. Nearly all of the biology classes were full, so I guess I'm not taking one of those first semester unless spots open up. Same with most of the electives that I had planned to go for. Bah. Could I, like, pay for registration priority? That'd be really cool and I'd be completely fine with it. Though, other people probably would be as well. So, mostly back to square one. In any case, I've got chemistry and Calc 3 as my major courses, and some other nonsense to fill up some other credits. Including Intro to the Bible. Oh, that should be fun.

That's about it for orientation, really. On an unrelated note, my laptop should be coming in tomorrow and I'm pretty excited about that. If I'm bored, I'll take pictures.

P.S. Speaking of pictures, I promise I'll put some up from California soon*.

*Plus or minus one month. In all likelihood, just plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment