Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

On Ideas

I have an idea.

And it's driving me crazy.

Ideas always seem to come at the strangest times - or perhaps it's the complete opposite. This one came while I was lying in bed at night. After puzzling it over for a while, I grabbed a notepad and wrote down two words so I wouldn't forget.

Now I'm beginning to regret doing that.

I usually don't mind ideas so much. They give me something to think about when there's nothing much to do. It's interesting to go over possibilities, expand complexities, consider solutions. But this idea has developed like crazy - and it wouldn't be a problem, but for the nature of what I've come up with.

Y'see, to fully realize my idea would take... well, a lifetime. And I'm not even sure that it's possible. But the repercussions of this idea's realization could - and I do not exaggerate here - change the world. For better or for worse, I have not yet determined. Probably depends on who has the final thing.

You'll note that I've been intentionally vague on this idea, and that's for one (I freely admit) selfish reason: If this idea does come to fruition, I want to be part of it.

So. I'll keep turning this around in my head. Maybe I'll do something with it. Maybe I won't.

On a somewhat less morbid/melancholy/m-word note, I've put up an info page (containing a rather Miserable reference) and am otherwise working on prettifying - wait a moment, SpellCheck says that "prettifying" is a word, what the hell, I didn't know that - the blog. Also, when I'm at home and have some time, I think I might put up some pictures from the trip to California.

Also also: God damn, Blogger does some weird stuff with formatting.
EDIT: Damn, it does. I have no idea what the hell it's doing. Can someone teach Blogger basic HTML, please? D:

No comments:

Post a Comment