Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rumors of my activity are greatly exaggerated

Aaaaand as promised, here's the Real Life Update post. RLU. Acronyms.

Well, let's see. The latest round of college exams is here and, uh, mostly over. I've got an MCDB exam tomorrow evening, but as a friend pointed out, they drop your lowest score. And since I've gotten 90s on the first two... well, motivation is a tad bit low. I took a chemistry exam last Thursday. The exam was supposed to take about an hour and a half. I finished in half an hour. I'm reminded of the time in freshman math when I finished a quiz before the teacher had finished handing them out to the rest of the class. The score comes back tomorrow. I hate to sound cocky, but I'm not too worried. I've never really had an issue with taking exams.

On a less exam-y note, I recently found out that I need to spend about $200 of "Munch Money" that came with my meal plan on food by the end of the semester, or else it will expire. So, I've been buying beverages and gelato like a madman. I think I went out for gelato with friends twice last week. We're planning to go again after the exam tomorrow night. And I've still got $180 left. Gah. Diabetes, here we come? (We actually calculated it, and I could have purchased 40 scoops of gelato with $200)

The last big thing that's happened is that I got a job working as a lab assistant for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), which has a lab just by campus (I may have mentioned this previously. I do not recall.). Mostly I'm doing data crunching, though some calibration-stuff with the instrument will happen eventually. It can be a bit boring - I think if I had been involved with actually taking the data, even to a small degree, it would be a bit more engaging and, eh, relevant. Nonetheless, it's fairly interesting and I'll stick with it for now. I'm interested in getting a spot at my chemistry professor's lab - he's a Nobel Laureate, Thomas Cech, and his research is very interesting to me.

I've got next week off for fall break and I'm rather excited. Not to be home - I've been heading home most every weekend (because I'm borderline antisocial, alright?) - but to see friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I'm also thinking about visiting my high school when I get back home Friday. Plans, plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment