Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Updates and Business Cards

I just got bored and made a banner for the blog. I've been messing with the logo a bit lately - I like the simplicity, though I do feel like there's something missing. Once I've refined it, I'm thinking about designing a business card for myself.

Speaking of business cards, I'm working on designing one for a friend of mine. Here's the current preview:

Front

Back

In his own words, he was looking for a "subtly elegant" design, which I tried to accomplish with the simple color scheme and layout. The flourishes on the logo were my first tries at that sort of style, and I'm pretty pleased with the result. The stylized rose on the back was also my design - actually, it was something I did with my tablet quickly to illustrate the idea to him, but I liked it enough that I just went ahead and used it on the card itself. The text on the front (Connosieur of Fine Wine and Finer Women | Raconteur Extraordinaire | Courtier of the Highest Degree) was provided by him. The font used was "Champagne and Limousines", which I got here. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the design thus far and he seems to like it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment