Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Insert college-related title here

Well, I'm all moved in and classes start tomorrow. Not actually that concerned about the classes themselves - the most classes I have in a day is 3 (although some are a tad bit longer than others - my chem lab is almost 4 hours long). The main thing I'll need to work on, I think, is meeting people. As I mentioned in the last post, I'm a pretty solitary person by nature. I'll need to force myself to get out and meet new people in this first year, since we've already purchased a one-bedroom apartment for next year. Hopefully I can get together the resolve to talk to people in my classes, etc.

I've actually been at home for the last two days. Came home the night of the 20th, after a meeting with my 'flock' (a group of 20-30 people from my dorm). Haven't really been up to much - went out and purchased an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier/fax machine the other day, got some candy and snacks for next year, grabbed some dress clothes and suchlike, etc. Mostly it's just been seeing the family a bit before I head off - though I do plan to be home every couple of weeks. It's nice, going to a college that's just a 40-minute drive from home. I'm far enough away to feel independent, but close enough that I can get home easily if I should want to.

Anyways, I'm heading back up to campus in about an hour. Apparently there's a "dessert with the professors" thing tonight, which I suspect would be a good thing to attend. Though it's doubtful that any huge, meaningful bonds will be formed with the professors - the freshman class is (unsurprisingly) rather large. Oh well.

I've got only two classes Monday; biology and chemistry (science day?). Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment