Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

A year in retrospect

Meant to do this a while back. Oh well.

Seems the school year's already over - I've been out since the first week of May. Went by rather quickly, and it's interesting to consider that that's one-fourth of my college career over. It's all a matter of relativity, I suppose - when you're younger, one day or week or year or whatever is much longer when compared to your lifespan so far. But as you get older, it's a much smaller percentage of your life and seems shorter. Interesting.

In regards to college itself, I ended up with a 3.9something GPA (Got an A- in genetics, 4 points short of an A. Gah.). Works for me. I expect next year might be more challenging as I've got a slightly heavier schedule and (hopefully) more challenging classes. Pretty much all science, all the time.

Just got back from a week-long camping trip in Moab with a friend. Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, etcetera. Was a nice break from sitting around at home and had a lot of fun.

Apparently the Rapture was supposed to happen yesterday, too. Something about an earthquake on the West Coast? Yellowstone's overdue, so I guess it was a possibility. Not anymore. That might have been interesting. Anyways:

1 comment: